Winter has finally arrived! And that means it’s time to start making our favourite Winter Warmer Recipes!
Our Creamy Coconut Porridge with Stewed Seasonal Fruit is one of the most popular meals from our ‘A Taste of Eden’ recipe book and now you can try it at home!
This deliciously, nourishing recipe is rich in vitamin C and nutrients to support a healthy immune system. It’s great for the whole family and perfect for keeping away the winter blues.
• 1 1/2 cups | Whole oats
• 3 cups | Coconut water
• 1 cup | Coconut cream
• 2 stalks | Rhubarb, chopped
• 2 | Apples, peeled and cored
• 1 cup | Raspberries, fresh or frozen
• 1 cup | Strawberries, sliced
• 1 | Orange, zest and juice
• 3 tablespoons | Pure maple syrup
• 1 | Cinnamon stick
• 1 cup | Selection fresh seasonal fruit, sliced
1. Place oats into a bowl and cover with water. Place in the refrigerator to soak overnight.
2. Place rhubarb, apples, raspberries, strawberries, orange zest, orange juice, maple syrup and cinnamon stick into a saucepan. Add 1/3 cup water and mix together well. Place over medium heat and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until fruit is cooked and mixture has reduced slightly. Remove cinnamon stick and stir through.
3. Drain oats and place in a large saucepan. Add coconut water and place over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Cook until smooth and creamy. Remove from heat and stir through coconut cream.
4. To serve, spoon porridge into serving bowls. Top with stewed fruit. Garnish with fresh fruit slices. Serve warm.
If you loved this dish and would like to try all of our 25 most loved recipes from the Eden kitchen, our eBook ‘A Taste of Eden’ is available now in our store. Click here to discover the complete list of our nourishing, whole food recipes.