Chocolate Activated Muesli slice
Serves: 4 – 6
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Nutritional info: Gluten and dairy free.
1 1/2 cups Activated Nuts (soaked overnight in water)
1/4 cup Activated pepitas
2 table spoons Sesame seeds
1/4 cup Raw Honey
– In a food processor blend nuts so still chunky. Place in a bowl.
– Place dates and honey in food processor and buzz until smooth, then add to the bowl.
– Add the pepitas and sesame seeds to the bowl and mix thoroughly.
– Press the mixture into a lined baking tray and bake on 160c for 30 minutes or until golden brown on top.
– The mix should be wet but not too sticky, it should press down into the tin easily.
– If it’s too dry the nuts will separate. If this is the case simply add some more honey 😉
The chocolate topping is a melted pure organic dark chocolate. I melt roughly 150 grams over a steam bath(put the chocolate in a bowl and sit over boiling water in a saucepan)
Once this has melted I paint it over the muesli bar, placing this in the fridge, I pull it out after 10 minutes and cut into squares before the chocolate has had a chance to set.
Serve with a dollop of coconut yogurt for that extra probiotic hit.