One of the most common downfalls when trying to maintain a healthy diet is snacking. Preparing your meals in advance and eating wholesome and nutritious food is one thing, but when the mid-afternoon cravings for a tasty treat start to rise, it’s a whole different story!
The best solution to avoid gorging on cookies and chips is to be prepared with healthy and satisfying alternatives, yet many snacks in the grocery stores that are marketed as ‘healthy’ can be misleading. Products like store-bought muesli bars can be full of sugar or calories, meaning you may as well have indulged in a chocolate bar.
In recognition of World Health Day earlier this week and our continuing efforts to inspire healthfulness in mind, body and soul, we thought we’d share one of our favourite morning tea recipes from our ebook A Taste of Eden. After all, the best way to be completely confident about what you’re putting into your body is to make your snacks from scratch! Our Apricot and Tahini Muesli Bars have a hint of sweetness and a healthy boost of energy and nutrients, making them the perfect option for a more satisfying snack to tide you over until your next meal. Plus, these no-bake bars are super quick and easy to whip up in just 5 simple steps.
Hungry for more? A Taste of Eden contains 25 of our most-loved retreat recipes for you to recreate from home. Our recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner and in-between meal treats use a wide range of nourishing staple ingredients. Each recipe reflects our food philosophy at Eden of healing from within through a healthy and balanced diet. For a free copy of our ebook, sign up to our newsletter and we will deliver a downloadable version to your inbox.
- 1 cup sulphite-free dried apricots
- ½ cup raw macadamia nuts
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup activated buckwheat buckinis
- ½ cup puffed quinoa
- ¼ cup pepitas
- ½ cup hulled tahini
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup Virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Grease and line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Blend apricots, macadamia nuts and shredded coconut in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Remove mixture from food processor. Fold through remaining ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Firmly press the muesli bar mixture into the prepared tin. Place in the refrigerator for an hour or until firm.
- Remove slice from tin. Using a sharp knife, evenly cut into bars. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer for 1-2 weeks.