Elevate your morning routine with our new recipe for Banana Buckwheat Pancakes, a wholesome, hearty and healthy breakfast that will leave you feeling full and energised for the day ahead. A delicious recipe created by our very own Head Chef Dave, these pancakes are especially perfect to enjoy as the cooler weather begins to settle in. They’re the ideal comforting and cosy breakfast to warm and nourish you from within!
Quick, easy and naturally sweetened with banana as the star ingredient in the batter and topped with fresh fruit, bee pollen and organic maple syrup, our pancakes can also be enjoyed as a delicious pick-me-up at morning or afternoon tea.
Makes 8 pancakes
Gluten Free | Dairy Free
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Fresh figs
- Toasted walnuts
- Bee pollen
- Organic maple syrup
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the dry ingredients: buckwheat flour, baking powder and ground cinnamon.
- In another bowl, mash the banana and add the egg, almond milk and vanilla extract and whisk together.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix to form a thick batter.
- Heat a large non-stick pan and add a little coconut oil to prevent the pancakes from sticking.
- Scoop out approximately ¼ cup of batter and pour into the pan. Cook the pancake for 2 minutes, then flip and cook for another 2 minutes or until both sides are golden.
- Set aside and finish cooking the other pancakes, usually cooking four at a time.
- To serve, top with sliced figs, raspberries, toasted walnuts, bee pollen and drizzle with maple syrup.
For more nourishing meal inspiration, click here to download our free recipe ebook, A Taste of Eden.
We would love to see what you create in the kitchen! If you do whip up our fluffy and healthy pancakes, don’t forget to share them with us @eden_health_retreat and let us know what you think!